IBM 6Gb SAS HBA Controller, 4 Ch, SAS-2 PCIe
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
IBM 6 Gb SAS Host Bus Adapter for System x
The IBM 6 Gb SAS HBA is an economical storage enabler to attach RAID-capable external storage enclosures and provide 3 Gbps or 6 Gbps tape storage connectivity for data archiving applications to achieve a higher level of performance.
The PCIe small form-factor IBM 6 Gb SAS HBA is based on the LSI SAS2008 controller and can handle medium to large capacity server storage applications by connecting an 8-lane PCI Express adapter with one external x4 SFF-8088 connector and four internal SATA connectors.
6 Gbps SAS 2.0 technology has been introduced to address data off-load bottlenecks in the direct-access storage environment. This new throughput doubles the transfer rate of the previous generation. SAS 2.0 is designed for backward compatibility with 3 Gbps SAS as well as with 3 Gbps SATA hard drives and tape drives.
The IBM 6 Gb SAS Host Bus Adapter has the following specifications:
- Four internal SAS x1 connectors (SFF-8087)
- One external SAS x4 connector (SFF-8088)
- PCI Express x8 2.0 host interface
- SAS Controller: LSI SAS2008
- 6 Gbps per port data transfer rate
- MD2 small form factor
- High performance I/O Processor: PowerPC 440 @ 533 MHz
- uEFI support
- RAID levels : None (uses RAID as provided by external disk enclosures)
- Maximum endpoint devices: 512
- Power consumption: 13.5 W
The IBM 6 Gb SAS Host Bus Adapter has the following key features:
- Connection to supported internal and external tape drives
- Connection to supported external storage controllers
- Power management support
- Support for SSP, SMP, STP and SATA protocols - flexible to optimize costs
- Environmentally friendly due to low power consumption
- LSI Fusion-MPT architecture drives more than 290,000 I/Os per second
- End-to-End CRC with Advanced Error Reporting
- T-10 Protection Model for early detection of and recovery from data corruption
- Spread Spectrum Clocking for EMI reductions
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.