IBM DDS Generation 6 USB Tape
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
IBM DDS Generation 6 USB Tape Drive
The IBM DDS Generation 6 Internal USB Tape Drive provides optimum capacity, performance, and a low total cost of ownership for small and medium business environments or enterprise workgroups that require the highest capacity and performance DDS (DAT) drive available. The drive supports DDS Generation 6 cartridges, which have a native capacity of 80 GB (160 GB compressed) as well as a transfer rate of up to 6.9 MBps native and up to 13.8 MBps compressed.
The IBM DDS Generation 6 USB Tape Drive maintains the competitive total cost of ownership of Digital Data Storage. Its USB interface supports plug and play capability with the latest System x systems, and can be installed internally in supported servers or supported externally in tape drive enclosures. This option is a higher performance and capacity alternative to the IBM DDS Generation 5 drive.
The part number for the DDS generation 6 USB Tape Drive includes the following items:
|DDS generation 6 USB Tape Drive
||5395 or 5398|
|IBM DDS Generation 6 Media 5 Pack
- DDS generation 6 USB Tape Drive (5.25 inch form factor)
- Mounting screws
- CD-ROM containing the DDS Generation 6 USB Tape Drive User’s Guide
- Cleaning cartridge
- Four USB cables for internal tape connectivity:
- 14 inch USB cable with type 2x3 connector x3105, x3200 and x3200 M2
- 28 inch USB cable with type B connector for x3400 and x3500
- 12.5 inch USB cable with type 1x6 connector x3650 and x3655
- 40 inch USB cable with type A locking connector for x3400 M2, x3500 M2, x3650 M2, and other systems
The drive can be converted to a 3.5 inch form factor for use in some rack optimized servers, which we describe later in the section "Supported Servers."
The DDS generation 6 USB Tape Drive has the following features:
- Highest capacity and performance in the DDS portfolio
- 5.25 inch half-high form factor; drive can be converted to 3.5 inch form factor either in the factory (CTO) or in the field using the appropriate enablement kit
- Internal USB interface for simplified plug-and-play installation
- Optional DDS Tape Enablement Kit allows for internal installation in select IBM System x rack-optimized servers
- Flexible external USB configuration offerings when used with desktop, 1U rack-mount, or 4U rack-mount enclosures
The DDS generation 6 USB Tape Drive has the following specifications:
- Up to 80 GB native capacity, and up to 160 GB in compressed mode
- 6.9 MBps native back-up rate and up to 13.8 MBps in compressed mode
- USB 2.0 interface
- Read/write compatibility with DDS Gen-5 and DDS-4 cartridges
The DDS generation 6 USB Tape Drive has the following physical specifications:
- Height: 46 mm (1.8 in)
- Width: 146 mm (5.7 in)
- Depth: 152 mm (5.9 in)
- Weight: 1.2 kg (2.7 lb)
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.