IBM Emulex 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
IBM Single Channel 16G Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
Exceptional price/performance, advanced management functionality that can shave days off installing and managing adapters, coupled with up to 3x better IOPS performance per watt, make IBM branded 16G Fibre Channel (16GFC) host bus adapters (HBAs) the clear choice for IBM System x servers. IBM 16GFC HBAs were designed to support the largest virtualized, cloud and mission critical database environments. The single-channel IBM 81Y1655 and dual channel IBM 81Y1662 feature the Emulex bullet-proof driver-stack, backward compatibility to 4 and 8G Fibre Channel HBAs and rock-solid reliability with a heritage that spans back to the first generation of Fibre Channel adapters to today’s 16GFC adapters. Emulex is trusted by data centers the world-over, with more than 11 million HBA ports shipped and installed to date.
- vScale™ performance and scalability—multi-core ASIC engine with eight cores supports 255 VFs, 1024 MSi-X and 8192 logins/open exchanges for maximum VM density—up to 4x more than other adapters
- 2x management functionality, and takes half the time to manage with OneCommand Manager - Unique OneCommand Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter for centralized management of adapters within a VMware environment
- GreenState™ power efficiency—reduces data center power consumption and associated OPEX by delivering exceptional power to port ratios
- BlockGuard® data integrity offload—high performance end-to-end data integrity
- vEngine™ CPU offload—lowers CPU burden on host server, enabling support for more VMs
- Rock-solid reliability and thermal characteristics, essential for mission-critical, cloud and virtualized applications
- Support for Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X), improves host utilization and enhances application performance
- Support for 16GFC, 8Gb and 4Gb FC devices
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric
- Host-to-fabric Fibre Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP) authentication
- Common driver model, allows a single driver to support all Emulex HBAs on a given OS
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.