IBM Express Intel Ethernet Adapter
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
Intel Ethernet Dual Port and Quad Port Server Adapters for IBM System x
Based on the new Intel® 82580 Gigabit Ethernet Controller, the Intel Ethernet Dual Port and Quad Port Server Adapters for IBM® System x® are Intel's fourth generation of PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet (PCIe GbE) adapters. These adapters showcase the industry's first fully integrated, multi-port PCIe 2.0 GbE controllers, providing a smaller footprint and lower power dissipation.
In addition, these adapters offer advanced features, including support for multi-core processors and server virtualization, as well as a scalable PCI Express 2.0 interface. Intel's first eco-friendly, halogen-free design combines low power use and low cost for one of the best price to performance ratios in a multi-port solution that is available today.
The adapters have the following features:
- Two or four 10/100/1000 copper ports with RJ45 for Cat 5e/6 cabling
- Based on Intel 82580 ASIC (quad-port MAC/PHY controller)
- PCIe 2.0 x4 host interface
- Low-profile card form factor
- Wake on LAN support
- Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) boot support
- VLAN support with VLAN tag insertion, stripping, and packet filtering for up to 4096 VLAN tags
- iSCSI boot support (built-in software iSCSI initiator)
- iSCSI support with native operating system initiators
- Jumbo frame support
- Intel I/O Acceleration Technology (I/OAT) acceleration
- Intel Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDq) support for VMware with eight queues per port
- TCP/IP checksum offload
- TCP/IP segmentation offload / large-send offload support
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.