IBM PRO/1000 Quad Port Serv Adpter
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter
Conserve valuable PCI Express (PCIe*) server slots while adding multi-port Gigabit Ethernet capability with the Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter. The dedicated I/O bandwidth of PCIe ensures priority performance on each port, without bus sharing, for Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in Category-5 networks. The Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter improves performance in multi-processor systems by balancing network loads across multiple central processing units (CPUs). Additionally, the Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter enables Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel® I/OAT) for faster I/O processing on the new Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers.
The Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter is supported by Intel® PRO Intelligent Installer and the new Intel® PROSet Utility for Windows* Device Manager. Intel PROSet simplifies adapter installation and gives you point-and-click power to configure and manage your Intel® PRO Network Connections for connectivity you can count on.
- Two Intel® 82571GB Gigabit Controllers Enables four Gigabit Ethernet connections on a single adapter, delivering increased bandwidth for slot-constrained servers and providing high performance, reliability, and low power use in two single, integrated, dual port PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller chips
- Load balancing on multiple CPUs Increases performance on multi-processor systems by efficiently balancing network loads across CPU cores when used with Receive-Side Scaling from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux*
- Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel® I/OAT)◊ Accelerates I/O with higher throughput and lower CPU utilization by offloading processing overhead
- Virtualization Multi-port cards provide the platform with the port density required for virtualized environments
- Interrupt moderation Delivers increased performance while significantly reducing CPU utilization
- Compatible with x4, x8, and x16 full-height1 PCI Express* slots Allows quad-port operation in almost any PCI Express server slot, except x1 slots, and allows each port to operate without interfering with the other
- Support for most network operating systems (NOS) Enables widespread deployment
- Remote management support Reduces support costs with remote management based on industry-wide standards
- Category-5 unshielded twisted pair (UTP), 4-pair cabling Uses existing 4-pair cabling and saves re-wiring costs
- RoHS compliant2, lead-free3 technology Compliant with the new European Union directive (effective July 2006) to reduce the use of hazardous materials
- Intel® PROSet Utility for Windows* Provides point-and-click power over individual adapters, advanced adapter features, connection teaming, and Device Manager virtual local area network (VLAN) configuration
- Advanced cable diagnostics Dynamically tests and reports network problems (error rate, cable length) and automatically compensates for cable issues (cross-over cable, wrong pin-out/polarity)
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.