IBM QLogic 10G CNA System x
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
The QLogic 10Gb CNA is a PCI Express 2.0 x4 10Gb Converged Network Adapter and is available for both IBM System x and IBM Power Systems servers. For IBM Power Systems, the adapter is known as the 10 Gb FCoE PCIe Dual Port Adapter (Feature 5708). The adapter connects to SFP+ Multimode Fiber SR optical modules. The System x version also supports SFP+ Active Copper cables, depending on the Ethernet switch used.
This adapter supports 10 Gbps per port maximum bidirectional throughput for high-bandwidth storage (SAN) and networking (LAN) traffic, with full hardware offload for Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol processing.
The QLogic 10Gb CNA has the following features:
- PCI Express 2.0 compliance.
- Operates at PCI Express 2.0 x4 or PCI Express 1.1 x8.
- Transceiver support: System x option: Two SFP+ cages for either SFP+ Fiber SR or SFP+ Active Copper; Power Systems feature: Two QLogic 10Gb SFP+ SR Optical Transceivers standard.
- Standard PCI Express half length card with low profile form factor.
- Support for both standard PCI-E slot and low profile PCI-E slot (System x option only).
- Support for 10Gb Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE).
- Support for Fibre Channel over Converged Enhanced Ethernet (FCoCEE).
- Full hardware offload for FC protocol processing.
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6.
- Support for SAN boot over CEE and iSCSI boot.
The QLogic 10Gb CNA has the following Ethernet specifications:
- Throughput: 10Gbps full duplex line rate per port
- Topology: Any 10Gb Ethernet Network
- Ethernet Frame: 1500 byte or 9000 byte (Jumbo Frame)
- Stateless offload features: - IP, TCP, and UDP checksum offloads; Large and Giant Send Offload (LSO, GSO); Receive Side Scaling (RSS); Header-data split; Interrupt coalescing; NetQueue.
- Enhanced Ethernet features: Priority-based flow control (802.1Qbb rev. 0); Enhanced transmission selection (802.1Qaz rev. 0); DCBX protocol (802.1Qaz rev. 0).
- Compliance: IEEE: 802.3ae (10Gb Ethernet); 802.1q (VLAN); 802.3ad (Link Aggregation); 802.1p (Priority Encoding); 802.3x (Flow Control); 802.3ap (KX/KX4); 802.3ak (CX4); IEEE 1149.1 (JTAG)
IPv4 Specification (RFC 791); IPv6 Specification (RFC 2460); TCP/UDP Specification (RFC 793/768); ARP Specification (RFC 826).
The QLogic 10Gb CNA has the following FCoE specifications:
- Performance: 250000 IOPS per port.
- Logins: Support for 2048 concurrent logins and 2048 active exchanges.
- Class of service: Class 3.
- Protocols: FCP (SCSI-FCP), FC-TAPE (FCP-2).
- Compliance: SCSI-3 Fibre Channel Protocol (SCSI-FCP); Fibre Channel Tape (FC-TAPE) profile;
SCSI Fibre Channel Protocol-2 (FCP-2); Second Generation FC Generic Services (FC-GS-2);
Third Generation FC Generic Services (FC-GS-3)
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.