IBM SAS / SATA Controller
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
IBM SAS / SATA Controller
ServeRAID M5015 and M5014 SAS/SATA Controllers for IBM System x
The ServeRAID M5015 and ServeRAID M5014 SAS/SATA Controllers for IBM System x are the next-generation 6 Gbps SAS 2.0 RAID controllers. The adapters have two internal mini-SAS connectors to control up to 32 devices and support global and dedicated hot-spare drives. The ServeRAID M5014 controller delivers a full RAID 6 Gbps SAS 2.0 solution, while the ServeRAID M5015 provides additional performance advantages of an extended cache and a standard battery backup unit. With the attachment of the ServeRAID M5000 Advanced Feature Key, the ServeRAID M1015 offers the option of RAID 6, RAID 60, and SED Encryption Key management.
|ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA Controller
|ServeRAID M5014 SAS/SATA Controller
|ServeRAID M5000 Series Advanced Feature Key
|ServeRAID M5000 Series Battery Kit
The ServeRAID M5014 includes the following items:
- One ServeRAID M 5014 adapter card with full-height bracket
- One replaceable low-profile (2U) bracket
- The ServeRAID M V1.10 Utility and Documentation CD
- The IBM Important Notices Document
The ServeRAID M5015 and ServeRAID M5014 adapter cards have the following specifications:
- Eight internal 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Two Mini-SAS internal connectors (SFF-8087)
- 6 Gbps throughput per port
- 800 MHz PowerPC processor with LSI SAS2108 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
- x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface
- Onboard data cache (DDR2 running at 800 MHz):
- ServeRAID M5015: 512 MB
- ServeRAID M5014: 256 MB
- Intelligent Li-Ion-based battery backup unit with up to 48 hours of data retention:
- ServeRAID M5015: Standard
- ServeRAID M5014: Optional
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10, and 50 (RAID 6 and 60 support with the optional M5000 Advanced Feature Key)
- Connects to up to 32 SAS or SATA drives
- SAS and SATA drives are supported, but the mixing of SAS and SATA in the same RAID array is not supported
- Supports up to 64 logical volumes
- Supports LUN sizes up to 64 TB
- Configurable stripe size up to 1 MB
- Compliant with Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (COD)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
The ServeRAID M5015 and ServeRAID M5014 adapter cards have the following features:
- Auto-resume on array rebuild or array reconstruction after loss of system power
- Auto-resume uses non-volatile NVRAM to save rebuild progress during a host reboot or power failure to automatically resume from the last checkpoint. Auto-resume will ensure data integrity is maintained through the process. The card supports a number of features that are able to be implemented without rebooting the server. Applications such as email and web server benefit from avoiding downtime during transition.
- Online Capacity Expansion
- Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) allows the capacity of a virtual disk to be expanded by adding new physical disks or making use of unused space on existing disks, without requiring a reboot.
- Online RAID Level Migration
- Online RAID Level Migration (also known as logical drive migration) provides the ability to migrate a virtual disk from any RAID level to any other RAID level without requiring a reboot. System availability and application functionality remain unaffected.
- Fast initialization for quick array setup
- Consistency check for background data integrity
- Consistency Check verifies that all stripes in a virtual disk with a redundant RAID level are consistent. The consistency check will mirror data when an inconsistent stripe is detected for a RAID 1 and recreating the parity from the peer disks when in the case of a RAID 5 or RAID 6. Consistency checks can be scheduled to take place periodically.
- Extensive online configuration options: advanced monitoring and event notification
- Management tools provide convenience for configuration of logical volumes plus alerting when errors have occurred or are about to occur.
- Patrol Read for media scanning and repairing
- Patrol read is a background sentry service designed to proactively discover and correct media defects (bad sectors) that arise normally as a disk drive ages. The service issues a series of verify commands and if a bad block is discovered, the card's firmware will use RAID algorithms to recreate the missing data and remap the sector to a good sector. The task is interruptible based on controller activity and host operations. The firmware also provides an interface where the patrol read task can be initiated, set up for continuous operation, and terminated from a management application. Patrol read can be activated by manual command or automatically.
- Global and dedicated Hot Spare with Revertible Hot Spare support:
- A hot spare rebuilds data from all virtual disks within the disk group in which it is configured. ServeRAID provides the ability to define a physical disk as a hot spare to replace a failed drive. Hot spares may be configured as either global or dedicated. A global hot spare allows any physical drive to be designated as a hot spare. A dedicated hot spare will allow the user to assign a hot spare drive to a particular array of the same drive type.
The ServeRAID M5015 and ServeRAID M5014 adapter cards are supported in the following environment:
- At 0-1000 m (0-3000 ft): 10-35° C (50-95° F)
- At 1000-2100 m (3000-7000 ft): 10-32° C (50-90° F)
- Relative humidity: 20-80% (non-condensing)
One-year limited warranty. When installed on a System x server, these cards assume your system’s base warranty and any IBM ServicePac upgrade. Batteries are consumables and therefore are not covered under the warranty.
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.