IBM ServeRAID M1015 SAS SATACtrl
You have to log in to shop/see prices.
IBM ServeRAID M1015 SAS SATACtrl
ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller for System x
The ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller for IBM System x is an entry-level 6 Gbps SAS 2.0 PCI Express 2.0 RAID controller. The adapter has two internal mini-SAS connectors to drive up to 32 devices and supports the same base RAID 0, 1, and 10 feature set and drivers as the M5000 series controllers. With the attachment of the ServeRAID M1000 Advanced Feature Key, the ServeRAID M1015 offers the option of RAID 5 and SED Encryption Key management, while still being sensitive to administrator cost concerns in an entry-level RAID environment. This RAID controller provides connectivity to internal direct-attach or expander-attached hard disk, solid-state, or self-encrypting drives.
|ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller
|ServeRAID M1000 Series Advanced Feature Key
The ServeRAID M1015 part number includes the following items:
- One ServeRAID M1015 adapter card with full-height bracket
- One replaceable low-profile (2U) bracket
- Documentation CD
- The IBM Important Notices Document
The ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller has the following specifications:
- Eight internal 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Supports SAS and SATA drives (but not in the same RAID volume)
- Two Mini-SAS internal connectors (SFF-8087)
- 6 Gbps throughput per port
- LSI SAS2008 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
- x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 10 (RAID levels 5 and 50 with optional ServeRAID M1000 Series Advanced Feature Key)
- Connects to up to 32 SAS or SATA drives
- Supports up to 16 logical volumes
- Supports LUN sizes up to 64 TB
- Configurable stripe size up to 64 KB
- Compliant with Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (COD)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
The ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller has the following features:
- Auto-resume on array rebuild or array reconstruction after loss of system power
- Auto-resume uses non-volatile NVRAM to save rebuild progress during a host reboot or power failure to automatically resume from the last checkpoint. Auto-resume will ensure data integrity is maintained through the process. The card supports a number of features that are able to be implemented without rebooting the server. Applications such as email and web server benefit from avoiding downtime during transition.
- Online Capacity Expansion
- Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) allows the capacity of a virtual disk to be expanded by adding new physical disks or making use of unused space on existing disks, without requiring a reboot.
- Online RAID Level Migration
- Online RAID Level Migration (also known as logical drive migration) provides the ability to migrate a virtual disk from any RAID level to any other RAID level without requiring a reboot. System availability and application functionality remain unaffected.
- Fast initialization for quick array setup
- Consistency check for background data integrity
- Consistency Check verifies that all stripes in a virtual disk with a redundant RAID level are consistent. The consistency check will mirror data when an inconsistent stripe is detected for a RAID 1 and recreating the parity from the peer disks when in the case of a RAID 5. Consistency checks can be scheduled to take place periodically.
- Extensive online configuration options: advanced monitoring and event notification
- Management tools provide convenience for configuration of logical volumes plus alerting when errors have occurred or are about to occur.
- Patrol Read for media scanning and repairing
- Patrol read is a background sentry service designed to proactively discover and correct media defects (bad sectors) that arise normally as a disk drive ages. The service issues a series of verify commands and if a bad block is discovered, the card's firmware will use RAID algorithms to recreate the missing data and remap the sector to a good sector. The task is interruptible based on controller activity and host operations. The firmware also provides an interface where the patrol read task can be initiated, set up for continuous operation, and terminated from a management application. Patrol read can be activated by manual command or automatically.
- Global and dedicated Hot Spare with Revertible Hot Spare support:
- A hot spare rebuilds data from all virtual disks within the disk group in which it is configured. ServeRAID provides the ability to define a physical disk as a hot spare to replace a failed drive. Hot spares may be configured as either global or dedicated. A global hot spare allows any physical drive to be designated as a hot spare. A dedicated hot spare will allow the user to assign a hot spare drive to a particular array of the same drive type.
The ServeRAID M1000 Series Advanced Feature Key enables the following features:
- RAID levels 5 and 50
- LSI SafeStore: support for self-encrypting drive (SED) services
- Instant secure erase
- Local key management
LSI SafeStore encryption services offer instant secure erase and local key management for SEDs. This technology represents a significant step forward in securing data on a disk drive from any unauthorized access or modification resulting from theft, loss, or repurposing of drives:
- Instant secure erase permanently removes data when repurposing or decommissioning SEDs.
- SafeStore local key management provides the necessary management and protection of SEDs using a simple pass phrase, security key identifier, and security key file that can be set and applied to all SEDs assigned to a ServeRAID adapter. This removes the complexity of managing each SED’s unique encryption key and essentially relieves the administrator from most of the daily tasks of securing data.
Note: To use the SED services of the ServeRAID M1000 Series Advanced Feature Key, you must use self-encrypting drives as listed in "Supported disk drives".
The ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller is supported in the following environment:
- At 0-1000 m (0-3000 ft): 10-35° C (50-95° F)
- At 1000-2100 m (3000-7000 ft): 10-32° C (50-90° F)
- Relative humidity: 20-80% (non-condensing)
One-year limited warranty. When installed on a System x server, these cards assume your system’s base warranty and any IBM ServicePac upgrade. Batteries are consumables and therefore are not covered under warranty.
Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for
display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any
discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information
will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if
pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.